Founded in 2017, Frontastic is a 100% remote company, with over 30 employees in over 13 countries (and counting). Frontastic is a Commerce Frontend Platform that unites business and development teams to build commerce sites on headless. Within a short time, Frontastic has successfully established itself as the new standard for commerce frontends, with customers seeing higher conversion rates, increased developer productivity, and faster time to market.
UX and Design Lead (f/*/m), fully remote
Frontastic is looking for a UX and Design Lead (f/*/m) to join the team on a full-time basis (32-40 hours per week). We’re a fully remote company currently searching for candidates living in Europe (UTC to UTC+3).
Do you have a background in interaction design, visual design, and user experience? Then this position could be perfect for you!
What you’ll do
Together with a small product team of 4, you’ll work alongside engineers in teams that own parts of the Frontastic product to make sure our user experience is best in class. Example problems you’ll get to tackle are “signup experience for new developers” and “real-time content preview for marketers.” You’ll define our design strategy and work through design problems from beginning to end, from research and analytics into concepts, and designing the detailed workflows and interactions.
- Own Frontastic brand’s visual identity
- Evolve Frontastic’s design processes, principles, and tooling
- Partner with a product manager to identify and define opportunities that inform our product roadmap
- Conduct customer research and interviews
- Translate user research and data into concepts that solve our customers’ problems
- Facilitate discovery workshops
- Consider solutions from multiple perspectives and sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability
- Iteratively design the detailed interactions required to make the solution a reality
- Work closely with engineers as you build, iterate on, and ship ideas
- Conduct user tests to get input on the designs and concepts you and the teamwork on
- Communicate design choices effectively and with the evidence that went into the design process
- Share what you’re learning, both internally and with the wider community via our blog
Who you are
- You reside and work in Europe (UTC to UTC +3)
- A strong understanding of interaction design, visual design, and user experience (minimum 5 years of experience)
- Experience in designing and shipping high-quality digital products
- Experience with user journey mapping, service design blueprints, and other frameworks for defining user journeys and interactions
- Self-starter, looking for pragmatic solutions
- Confident presenter and facilitator
- Comfortable navigating ambiguities
- Possess the attitude and skills to survive in a complex and highly dynamic remote environment — and you know how to grow this attitude in your co-workers
- Have good written and verbal communication skills in English
Our team strives to constantly improve itself following these values:
- Make an impact: We’re here to change the industry and we’re in it to win it. We’re incredibly focused and our main focus is on customer success. We boldly go out of our comfort zones, we support each other and we love doing what we do.
- Thirst for learning: We’re addicted to learning and we learn from everything. We embrace our failures as they’re something we can learn from and only help us to improve. We think differently and we know that change is good. We’re curious and innovation leads the way, we’re constantly on the lookout for new ideas that can help our customers (and the world).
- Diversity rules: We’re proud to be a diverse team spread across the world. We empower the under-represented and we build a safe community for everyone to be themselves while holding each other to account when needs be. We use asynchronous communication as we’re a remote company and need to be aware that we’re not always online at the same time.
- We’re in this together: As colleagues, with our customers, and with our communities, co-operation and collaboration are key. We help one another as much as we can and we care for each other. We celebrate our successes together and we strive to find the right balance in our lives.
- Transparency first: We make all information as public as possible and we’re direct (as well as truthful) in all our communications. We don’t just explain what we’re doing but why we’re doing it. This is how we create positive relationships and move forward together.
How we work
We’re a remote native company with regular in-person meetings. We make intensive use of tools like Slack or video conferencing. We try to find a good balance between focused work and communication or in other words between asynchronous and personal communication. There are no fixed expectations regarding working hours, it’s normal for us to take care of private matters during the day — for example, visits to the doctor or picking up children from school.
Our team strives to improve themselves following these guidelines:
- We offer a friendly learning environment and try hard not to blame anyone for not knowing something and actively encourage mentoring of your peers.
- We use practices like co-working and pair programming when it makes sense to keep the amount of knowledge debt low.
- As a company, we continuously refactor our rules and guidelines. Overall, we have a very transparent, helpful, warm, familiar employee culture.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If we receive job applications from yet underrepresented groups those applications will be preferred where multiple candidates have the same score.
We’ve put together a package for our employees which we think is pretty awesome, but you can judge for yourself.
- €64k – €79.5k
- Company laptop
- An expense policy to support you in creating your workspace in a way that’s most effective for you
- Development budget of €500 per year
- Regular in-person and virtual retreats and other events (COVID dependent)
- Flexible working as standard, as long as you’re available when needed and your work gets done, you’re free to choose your own schedule
- Contribution towards your private medical insurance where health insurance isn’t mandatory/organized at the government level
- Allowance for your home office, or for a co-working space
- 42 days of paid leave entitlement, including public holidays
Since we currently work from 13 different countries (and counting), it’s very difficult to offer consistent benefits beyond this.
We’d love to hear from you
If this UX and Design Lead role sounds interesting to you, please apply here with a short tweet-style “why me”, a link to your portfolio, and have your CV attached (as pdf).
Do you still have questions? Then don’t hesitate to get in touch via the same address!
Our hiring process for this role is:
- CV and portfolio screening
- 3 email pre-screening stages with our hiring team
- Initial interview with our CPO
- 2nd interview with our Product Lead
- Topic workshop presented to our CPO and Product Lead
We aim to respond to candidates within 48 hours.
+49 (0) 251 590 672 – 66