Founded in 2017, Frontastic is a 100% remote company, with over 30 employees in over 13 countries (and counting). Frontastic is a Commerce Frontend Platform that unites business and development teams to build commerce sites on headless. Within a short time, Frontastic has successfully established itself as the new standard for commerce frontends, with customers seeing higher conversion rates, increased developer productivity, and faster time to market.
Technical Support Engineer (f/*/m), fully remote
Frontastic is looking for a Technical Support Engineer (f/*/m) to join the team on a full-time basis. We’re a fully remote company currently searching for candidates living in Asia Pacific (UTC+4 to UTC+7).
What you’ll do
- Provide 2nd level support, which includes:
- Debugging project setup and code
- Fixing minor technical bugs
- Communicating with business and technical users
- Working closely together with our development teams with more complicated issues
- Support the Product team in the prioritization of product briefs
- Consulting customers with how to’s, solutions, and workarounds
- Maintaining the technical elements of our internal knowledge base as well as role-related changelogs
Who you are
- Reside and work in Asia Pacific (UTC+4 to UTC +7)
- Previously worked with ReactJS and have some experience in the area of eCommerce
- Enjoy communicating with people using verbal and written methods (video calls)
- Love to explain technical details and are able to coach engineers in learning technologies and methods
- You have the attitude and skills to survive in a complex and highly dynamic remote environment
- Awareness of backwards compatibility requirements of software
- Willing to do emergency support on-call overnight (Europe timezone)/weekend on a rotation basis together with other colleagues
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- It would be helpful if you already have experience remote working
Our team strives to constantly improve itself following these values:
- Make an impact: We’re here to change the industry and we’re in it to win it. We’re incredibly focused and our main focus is on customer success. We boldly go out of our comfort zones, we support each other and we love doing what we do.
- Thirst for learning: We’re addicted to learning and we learn from everything. We embrace our failures as they’re something we can learn from and only help us to improve. We think differently and we know that change is good. We’re curious and innovation leads the way, we’re constantly on the lookout for new ideas that can help our customers (and the world).
- Diversity rules: We’re proud to be a diverse team spread across the world. We empower the under-represented and we build a safe community for everyone to be themselves while holding each other to account when needs be. We use asynchronous communication as we’re a remote company and need to be aware that we’re not always online at the same time.
- We’re in this together: As colleagues, with our customers, and with our communities, co-operation and collaboration are key. We help one another as much as we can and we care for each other. We celebrate our successes together and we strive to find the right balance in our lives.
- Transparency first: We make all information as public as possible and we’re direct (as well as truthful) in all our communications. We don’t just explain what we’re doing but why we’re doing it. This is how we create positive relationships and move forward together.
How we work
We’re a remote native company with regular in-person meetings. We make intensive use of tools like Slack or video conferencing. We try to find a good balance between focused work and communication or in other words between asynchronous and personal communication. There are no fixed expectations regarding working hours, it’s normal for us to take care of private matters during the day — for example, visits to the doctor or picking up children from school.
Our team strives to improve themselves following these guidelines:
- We offer a friendly learning environment and try hard not to blame anyone for not knowing something and actively encourage mentoring of your peers.
- We use practices like co-working and pair programming when it makes sense to keep the amount of knowledge debt low.
- As a company, we continuously refactor our rules and guidelines. Overall, we have a very transparent, helpful, warm, familiar employee culture.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If we receive job applications from yet underrepresented groups those applications will be preferred where multiple candidates have the same score.
We have put together a package for our employees which we think is pretty awesome, but you can judge for yourself.
- €37.5k – €51.5k
- Company laptop
- An expense policy to support you in creating your workspace in a way that is most effective for you
- Development budget of €500 per year
- Regular in-person and virtual retreats and other events (COVID dependent)
- Flexible working as standard, as long as you’re available when needed and your work gets done, you’re free to choose your own schedule
- Contribution towards your private medical insurance where health insurance isn’t mandatory/organized at the government level
- Allowance for your home office, or for a co-working space
- 42 days of paid leave entitlement, including public holidays
Since we currently work from 13 different countries (and counting), it’s very difficult to offer consistent benefits beyond this.
We’d love to hear from you
If this Technical Support Engineer role sounds interesting to you, please apply here with a short tweet-style “why me” and attach your CV (as pdf).
Do you still have questions? Then don’t hesitate to get in touch via the same address!
Our hiring process for this role is:
- CV screening
- 4 email pre-screening stages with our hiring team
- Initial interview with one of our Technical Support Engineers
- A second interview may also be required with other members of the support team
We aim to respond to candidates within 48 hours.
+49 (0) 251 590 672 – 66