System Engineer (f/*/m), fully remote
Frontastic is looking for a System Engineer (f/*/m) to join the team on a full-time basis. We’re a fully remote company currently searching for candidates living in Asia Pacific (UTC+4 to UTC+7).
Do you have a background in system engineering and a deep understanding of Linux? Then this position could be perfect for you!
What you’ll do
We’re hosting our own software (SaaS) as well as customer extensions of our platform (PaaS) on the Google Cloud Platform while our customer sites often have to operate under high load. While continuously improving the infrastructure, you’ll also be responsible for supporting and maintaining the current stack of our product and the scaleable infrastructure of our customers, as well as helping with customer set up and in case of emergencies.
- Support Professional Services during setup and emergencies
- Be part of the on-call rotation to maintain our customers SLAs
- Ensure security, resilience, and scalability of our infrastructure
- Create and maintain a stable, scalable, secure, and emergent technical platform for product development, delivery, and operations
Who you are
- You reside and work in the APAC region (UTC +4 to UTC +7)
- Experience with Networking, Cloud Infrastructures, Infrastructure Automation, Terraform, and Kubernetes or similar technologies
- 8 years of professional experience as a system engineer or in a comparable field
- Very good knowledge of Linux
- You have the attitude and skills to survive in a complex and highly dynamic remote environment — and you know how to grow this attitude in your co-workers
- You have good written and verbal English communication skills
- It would be helpful if you already have experience of working remotely
Our team strives to constantly improve itself following these values:
- Make an impact: We’re here to change the industry and we’re in it to win it. We’re incredibly focused and our main focus is on customer success. We boldly go out of our comfort zones, we support each other and we love doing what we do.
- Thirst for learning: We’re addicted to learning and we learn from everything. We embrace our failures as they’re something we can learn from and only help us to improve. We think differently and we know that change is good. We’re curious and innovation leads the way, we’re constantly on the lookout for new ideas that can help our customers (and the world).
- Diversity rules: We’re proud to be a diverse team spread across the world. We empower the under-represented and we build a safe community for everyone to be themselves while holding each other to account when needs be. We use asynchronous communication as we’re a remote company and need to be aware that we’re not always online at the same time.
- We’re in this together: As colleagues, with our customers, and with our communities, co-operation and collaboration are key. We help one another as much as we can and we care for each other. We celebrate our successes together and we strive to find the right balance in our lives.
- Transparency first: We make all information as public as possible and we’re direct (as well as truthful) in all our communications. We don’t just explain what we’re doing but why we’re doing it. This is how we create positive relationships and move forward together.
How’s working at Frontastic?
- We’re remote native. From the very beginning, our company was built in a way that makes sense for remote workers. That goes for our processes and tools as well as our culture and ways of working.
- We’re async and flexible first: We’re growing rapidly and gradually opening up additional time zones. For this reason — and because we all work different hours and have different daily routines — we embrace asynchronous communication. But we very much value the synchronous time we spend together — like virtual and in-person events and synchronous meetings (that we keep short and rare with the tool Remeet).
- We’re a diverse team. For us, diversity isn’t just one of our values (Diversity rules). It’s deeply anchored in our strategy and mindset. We value the broad personality types we have in our teams. We want people to feel safe bringing their true self to work. For us, it doesn’t matter if you’re a woman, a person of color, part of the LGBTQ community, if you’re a person with a disability, or if you belong to any other minority — we see that as an advantage that can only make us better in achieving our vision.
- We’re transparent. We believe that we can only be successful with the greatest possible transparency. Our value Transparency first doesn’t just mean that we deal openly with information. We also work hard to maintain our open and honest culture by giving direct feedback and solving problems with constructiveness and kindness.
How’s working in our Cloud Platform team?
We take care that our cloud platform is running. Our team name describes exactly what’s central to us: our cloud platform. We see ourselves as an internal service provider and work proactively with our engineers and architects to achieve a platform with the highest level of stability, reliability, and performance. This is where our value Make an impact really drives us every day.
We’re a genuine team. Providing a cloud platform also means meeting the high expectations of our enterprise customers. Every millisecond counts when it comes to the delivery of a digital commerce product. We know we can rely on each other’s strengths (We’re in this together) — both within the team and beyond the team — we have the support we need to solve any challenge. To share our individual knowledge, we regularly practice pair programming or simply co-working. Working in a geographically distributed team does not mean not working together.
We’re passionate learners. Technology is constantly evolving and we strive to always be on the cutting edge. Our value Thirst for learning has special meaning for our team. Only by learning can we achieve the best possible impact for our customers.
We’ve put together a package for our employees which we think is pretty awesome, but you can judge for yourself.
- €53k – €74k
- Company laptop
- An expense policy to support you in creating your workspace in a way that’s most effective for you
- Development budget of €500 per year
- Regular in-person and virtual retreats and other events (COVID dependent)
- Flexible working as standard, as long as you’re available when needed and your work gets done, you’re free to choose your own schedule
- Contribution towards your private medical insurance where health insurance is not mandatory/organized at the government level
- Allowance for your home office, or for a co-working space
- 42 days of paid leave entitlement, including public holidays
Since we currently work from 13 different countries (and counting), it’s very difficult to offer consistent benefits beyond this.
We’d love to hear from you
If this System Engineer role sounds interesting to you, please apply with a short tweet-style “why me” and have your CV attached (as pdf).
Do you still have questions? Then don’t hesitate to get in touch via the same address!
Our hiring process for this role is:
- CV screening
- 4 email pre-screening stages with our hiring team
- Initial interview with our Head of Engineering
- 2nd interview with our Cloud Platform Lead
We aim to respond to candidates within 48 hours.
Founded in 2017, Frontastic is a 100% remote company, with over 30 employees in over 13 countries (and counting). Frontastic is a Commerce Frontend Platform that unites business and development teams to build commerce sites on headless. Within a short time, Frontastic has successfully established itself as the new standard for commerce frontends, with customers seeing higher conversion rates, increased developer productivity, and faster time to market.
+49 (0) 251 590 672 – 66