Founded in 2017, Frontastic is a 100% remote company, with over 30 employees in over 13 countries (and counting). Frontastic is a Commerce Frontend Platform that unites business and development teams to build commerce sites on headless. Within a short time, Frontastic has successfully established itself as the new standard for commerce frontends, with customers seeing higher conversion rates, increased developer productivity, and faster time to market.
Digital Project Manager, eCommerce (f/*/m), fully remote
Frontastic is looking for a Digital Project Manager, eCommerce (f/*/m) to join the team on a full-time basis (32-40hrs). We’re a remote company currently operating in the Europe/Berlin timezone and are looking for candidates from the EMEA region in UTC-UTC+3 timezones.
Let commerce teams build the incredible — that’s our mission. Frontastic is a Commerce Frontend Platform that delivers value for customers who demand frontend excellence. Usually, our customers build their commerce sites based on our product with internal resources or with their external agency. But for some customers, we offer this service as well. For these customer projects, we’re looking for a Project Manager.
Do you have a background in managing commerce projects and a deep understanding of agile development? Are you a great communicator who thrives in meeting new people? Then this position could be perfect for you!
What you’ll do
Together with a small team, you’ll work on our special customer projects. On the one hand, this means being responsible for managing the setup of customer projects. On the other, it’s about managing our internal special (growth) development team.
- Own Frontastic’s customer projects
- Manage the projects, internal and external communication, and resources
- Work and make decisions with both content and business in mind
- Translate customer requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria
- Be responsible for the creation and maintenance of a project backlog, accompany the sprint planning, and find the optimal solution in case of queries regarding the backlog items
- Collaborate with the Product team to prioritize features that are valuable, usable, and align with the product strategy
Who you are
This isn’t a junior position, which doesn’t mean you need to have worked in this role before. Either way, you’ll be aware of your talent for managing commerce projects and a knowledge of agile.
- You reside and work in the EMEA region (UTC to UTC +3)
- You’re a great communicator that thrives on talking to new people
- 3+ years of experience in commerce projects and good knowledge of popular technologies and trends
- Organizational talent and knowledge in agile development
- You’re able to run several projects in parallel while remaining on top of things
- Have good written and verbal communication skills in English and German (B2 proficiency or equivalent) — as many of our customers are from Germany
How’s working at Frontastic?
- We’re remote native. From the very beginning, our company was built in a way that makes sense for remote workers. That goes for our processes and tools as well as our culture and ways of working.
- We’re async and flexible first: We’re growing rapidly and gradually opening up additional time zones. For this reason — and because we all work different hours and have different daily routines — we embrace asynchronous communication. But we very much value the synchronous time we spend together — like virtual and in-person events and synchronous meetings (that we keep short and rare with the tool Remeet).
- We’re a diverse team. For us, diversity isn’t just one of our values (Diversity rules). It’s deeply anchored in our strategy and mindset. We value the broad personality types we have in our teams. We want people to feel safe bringing their true self to work. For us, it doesn’t matter if you’re a woman, a person of color, part of the LGBTQ community, if you’re a person with a disability, or if you belong to any other minority — we see that as an advantage that can only make us better in achieving our vision.
- We’re transparent. We believe that we can only be successful with the greatest possible transparency. Our value Transparency first doesn’t just mean that we deal openly with information. We also work hard to maintain our open and honest culture by giving direct feedback and solving problems with constructiveness and kindness.
How’s working in our Customer Success team?
We help customers succeed. Our team name describes exactly what’s central to us: the success of our customers. We see ourselves as a service provider and work proactively with our customers to achieve the greatest possible success using our product. This is where our value Make an impact really drives us every day.
We’re a genuine team. Customer Success also means meeting the high expectations of our enterprise customers quickly and in the best possible way. We know we can rely on each other (We’re in this together) — both within the team and beyond the team — we have the support we need to solve any challenge.
We’re passionate learners. When we interact with our customers, we’re constantly encountering something new — both in our product and our customers’ systems and interfaces. Our value Thirst for learning has special meaning for our team. Only by learning can we achieve the best possible impact for our customers.
We’ve put together a package for our employees which we think is pretty awesome, but you can judge for yourself.
- Company laptop
- An expense policy to support you in creating your workspace in a way that’s most effective for you
- Flexible working as standard, as long as you’re available when needed and your work gets done, you’re free to choose your own schedule
- Contribution towards your private medical insurance where health insurance isn’t mandatory/organized at the government level
- Allowance for your home office, or for a co-working space
- 42 days of paid leave entitlement, including public holidays
Since we currently work from 13 different countries (and counting), it’s very difficult to offer consistent benefits beyond this.
We’d love to hear from you
If this Digital Project Manager (eCommerce) role sounds interesting to you, please apply with a short tweet-style “why me” and have your CV attached in English (as pdf).
Do you still have questions? Then don’t hesitate to get in touch via the same address!
Our hiring process for this role is:
- CV screening
- 4 email pre-screening stages with our hiring team
- Initial panel interview with 2 members of our team
- A 2nd interview may also be required with other members of the Customer Success or Sales team
We aim to respond to candidates within 48 hours.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If we receive job applications from yet underrepresented groups those applications will be preferred where multiple candidates have the same score.
+49 (0) 251 590 672 – 66