Customer Success Engineer (f/*/m), fully remote
Frontastic is looking for a Customer Success Engineer (f/*/m) to join the team on a full-time basis (min. 80% FTE). We’re a remote company currently operating in the Europe/Berlin timezone. We’ll consider applications from candidates in Europe (UTC to UTC+2).
What You’ll Do
As our Customer Success Engineer, you’ll bridge the gap between newly signed customers and successfully rolled out solutions – typically by performing training, hackathons, and consulting for them. You will take point on the technical onboarding and training of new customers and partners and will build up a training program for them.
- Educate the developers at customers and partners who want to build their own solutions based on Frontastic by providing appropriate content, including sample applications, presentations, tutorials, how-to instructions, FAQ lists, and blog posts
- Be proactive in educating and empowering developers who want to build on Frontastic with design and integration of our API/SDKs
- Partner with customers in the development of the overall architecture including other involved systems and the migration strategy
- Work closely with product, engineering, and operations team on new products as well as documenting customer feedback on existing solutions.
- Act as a valuable contact person for all current customers and partners for technical questions and consulting
- Partner with Product Managers, Architects, and Engineering leaders to define, architect, and build new customer-facing solutions based on our API/SDKs
- Possibly speak at meetups and conferences
Who You Are
- You reside and work in Europe (GMT to GMT+2)
- You’re an experienced software developer, you have written and deployed a production application more than once. You have strong experience with React, next JS, SaaS applications, headless CMS and eCommerce.
- You can relate the technical benefits and constraints of a platform to business requirements and are willing to embrace problems by non-technical shareholders and incorporate their requirements.
- 3+ years experience in a Fullstack, Enterprise Technical Pre-Sales or Solution Architect role (or similar). It’s easy for you to map business requirements to a technical solution and come up with a plan on how to achieve
- Experience in working cross-functionally with Sales, Customer Success, Engineering, Operations, and Product teams
- You have the ability to help developers successfully integrate with our companies platform
- You are a proactive team player, comfortable presenting in person as you are via conference call and web demo platforms
- You’re good at networking and getting in touch with others quickly
- Possess the attitude and skills to survive in a complex and highly dynamic remote environment – and you know how to grow this attitude in your co-workers
- Have good written and verbal communication skills in English
Our team strives to constantly improve itself following these values:
- Make an Impact: We’re here to change the industry and we’re in it to win it. We’re incredibly focused and our main focus is on customer success. We boldly go out of our comfort zones, we support each other and we love doing what we do.
- Thirst for Learning: We’re addicted to learning and we learn from everything. We embrace our failures as they’re something we can learn from and only help us to improve. We think differently and we know that change is good. We’re curious and innovation leads the way, we’re constantly on the lookout for new ideas that can help our customers (and the world).
- Diversity Rules: We’re proud to be a diverse team spread across the world. We empower the under-represented and we build a safe community for everyone to be themselves while holding each other to account when needs be. We use asynchronous communication as we’re a remote company and need to be aware that we’re not always online at the same time.
- We’re In This Together: As colleagues, with our customers, and with our communities, co-operation and collaboration is key. We help one another as much as we can and we care for each other. We celebrate our successes together and we strive to find the right balance in our lives.
- Transparency First: We make all information as public as possible and we’re direct (as well as truthful) in all our communications. We don’t just explain what we’re doing but why we’re doing it. This is how we create positive relationships and move forward together.
How We Work
We’re a remote native company with regular in-person meetings. We make intensive use of tools like Slack or video conferencing. We try to find a good balance between focused work and communication or in other words between asynchronous and personal communication. There are no fixed expectations regarding working hours, it’s normal for us to take care of private matters during the day – e.g. visits to the doctor or picking up children from school.
Our team strives to improve themselves following these guidelines:
- We offer a friendly learning environment and try hard not to blame anyone for not knowing something and actively encourage mentoring of your peers.
- We use practices like co-working and pair programming when it makes sense to keep the amount of knowledge debt low.
- As a company, we continuously refactor our rules and guidelines. Overall, we have a very transparent, helpful, warm, familiar employee culture.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If we receive job applications from yet underrepresented groups those applications will be preferred where multiple candidates have the same score.
We have put together a package for our employees which we think is pretty awesome, but you can judge for yourself.
- €52,921.09 – €61,123.86 (FTE), pro-rata
- Company laptop
- An expense policy to support you in creating your workspace in a way that is most effective for you
- Flexible working as standard, as long as you are available when needed and your work gets done, you are free to choose your own schedule
- Contribution towards your private medical insurance where health insurance is not mandatory/organized at the government level
- Allowance for your home office, or for a co-working space
- 42 days of paid leave entitlement, including public holidays.
Since we currently work from 13 different countries (and counting), it’s very difficult to offer consistent benefits beyond this.
We’d Love to Hear From You
If this Customer Success Engineer role sounds interesting to you, please send a short tweet-style “why-me” to firstname.lastname@example.org and have your CV attached (as pdf).
Do you still have questions? Then don’t hesitate to get in touch via the same address!
+49 (0) 251 590 672 – 66